Thursday, August 11, 2011

My roommate must've found out

about my blog and started reading it. I'm thinking she read that post from earlier about her crazy ketchup request. It's the only reason I could think of to explain what just happened. You see, she likes eating snacks. Just not alone. She always insists I sit at the table and chat with her while she snacks. I don't usually eat with her since I'm "trying to lose weight." Today was different though. She insisted I sit down and I told her I had to go to the bathroom and would be right back. On my way back to the kitchen I heard her ask another roommate where I was. When she saw me she called out to me and motioned for me to sit down. While I was gone she had taken half her peanut butter cracker pack and set it where she expected me to sit. Such a sincere and thoughtful act, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant, could be spurred by nothing less than ketchup. Or some emotion commonly represented by the same color ketchup is.

No comments:

Post a Comment