Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

are a delicacy I don't often enjoy. My P90X roommate had a recipe for diet pancakes (with chocolate chips... wait. What?), and she suggested I make them. I'm technically the newest addition to our house of eight, although the fartsy roommate from yesterday moved in about the same time I did. I thought my making the pancakes for everyone might help them like me more, so I got to work right away. I had water spilled on my work surface, multiple hungry mouths breathing down my neck and several frustrating questions like "Why are you doing it like that?" I fought through the frustration and eventually finished. Except there was just enough batter left to make one, chocolate-chipless pancake. I made it, then returned to the table expecting to be greeted with friendly smiles and welcoming arms. Instead, I was greeted with chocolate-covered mouths and my plate set at the opposite end of the table as everyone else's. Like an outcast. We have a table that seats 10. I was set at one end, and the other 5 roommates who ate were huddled at the other end, almost as if they were afraid of me. Perhaps I'll contain my frustration a little better next time I make a special roommate breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. In defense of the five of us. . . the table was quite crumby and sticky where your plate was originally. We moved it thinking the semi-clean spot would out-weigh the distance. We really do love you and the pancakes were FAN-tastic!!! Hard to believe they fit into our GOO-BE-GONE diet plan!

    ReplyDelete