Thursday, July 21, 2011

Every day should be Laundry Day...

with the way things have been going this week. I keep finding dirty (and by dirty I mean stinky, nastily soiled and growing weird things) clothes belonging to the girls in the shared room across the hall. I guess they've both had a rough week. I usually prefer (and by prefer I mean demand that it be no other way) that my laundry be done separately from, like, anyone else's. "What? You only need to wash one pair of socks? Get your own load." I made an exception to one of my favorite golden rules this week, though. Several times, actually. I just couldn't stand the thought of my struggling roommates/friends going one more day than was necessary in stinky clothes. Or sleeping one more night with said filthies stinking up their room. I did their laundry. I felt like I was violating their privacy in one of the worst ways possible... I snuck into their room, grabbed their laundry basket and did a load when I thought no one would notice. I then folded their clothes and put them away. There are no secrets in their room that now haven't been uncovered...

Anyway, I think they noticed, but they didn't say anything. Instead, they went about business as usual. Phew. Except one of the girls keeps burning through, like, seven outfits a day. I guess she had a dirty clothes goal she was working towards or something, and now she's got to get caught back up. All I know is that I asked her roommate upfront if I could wash the blanket she sleeps with. "It smells like pee." She handed it over, no questions asked. Didn't seem weirded out or offended, either. I like these girls more every day.

3 comments:

  1. Um. You never fail to make me laugh. I can seriously hear you talk as I read your writing... :) It makes me miss you so much! I'm already looking forward to the next time you post on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, the word verification for my last comment was Tille. It reminded me that no one calls me Touille anymore... which made me miss you more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this is like the pot and the kettle! I have heard rumor that you have actually had an outfit or two soiled with nothing less than POO. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete